Started last Spring, this quilt is coming in just under the one year mark. I saw the pattern in a quilting book I got when I was pregnant with Oscar. It is the drunken path pattern (if memory serves) and they arranged the path to be one long roadway. I thought that'd be so neat for Oscar to drive his cars on. The fabrics I used are from thrifted kids clothes, feedsack bits off ebay and 30s reproduction fabrics. It's been pieced together, basted to batting and sitting on the back of my sewing table chair since last April. After spending the last week finishing up the stipple quilting, I cut 2" binding from some Marimekko fabric (that same I used for my Tsunami quilt square) in anticipation for learning binding Saturday at quilting class. I bought the Clover binding tool they recommended and it worked like a dream! I'll write more about the last class and binding in a future post, but this morning Oscar and I are off to something called "Monday Madness". Wish me luck!
Here it is after a trip through the washer and dryer (not sure if that's a no no). It got all excellent and crinkly. I'm so pleased!